Console Serial Port Switch dual redundant power
Remote Network Management RS232 Port Switch
|Home | Shop | About Us | Contact Us|
Product Application Notes
The firmware for the SERIMUX-CS-x can be updated from the CLI.
1. Start up a TFTP server client such as SolarWinds Free TFTP Server or TFTPD32.
Note: The security configuration settings of SolarWinds Free TFTP Server will need to be changed to Transmit and Receive instead of Receive Only.
2. Download the firmware files (for both web and switch) for the SERIMUX-CS-x. (Names of the files can be changed to whatever is suitable.)
Place the new firmware files in the folder that the TFTP server is configured to.
3. Connect to the Command Line Interface via Telnet client such as HyperTerminal, Tera Term, PuTTY, PuTTYtel, etc.
4. From the Command Line Interface, issue commands to update the web and switch firmware respectively.
5. The firmware file is downloaded to the SERIMUX-CS-x and written to flash memory. This may take up to 5-10 minutes.
6. The system will go to auto reboot within 10 seconds of each completed update. After each completed update, the user will need to restart the Telnet session, and re-login.